Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Why Should I Stop?

It's about 345 in the morning, and I'm heading into work. I've got a few minutes to kill, and I'm passing right by a Dunkin Donuts.

But, it's on the left side of the road. And I've got my already bought and paid for coffee in the cupholder. The BBC is playing an interview with some interesting foreign minister (or a really sweet song is on, the kind you don't hear during peak advertising hours). I like getting to work a few minutes early, setting things up for the day.

There's no telling how long it will take. If the coffee is fresh. If I have enough cash to cover it. If it's worth the gas to pull out and head over. Do I really wanna wrestle with buying a donut? Or something?

So I keep on driving, drinking the coffee I brought from home. I mean, seriously, why should I stop and buy coffee?

No comments: