Wednesday, December 17, 2008

OH-161 Dunkin Donuts

If you live on the North-North West side of Columbus, and you have a Dunkin Donuts jones, your best bet is probably the location on OH-161, not far from Cleveland Ave.

Not the best neighborhood, I'll grant you, but far from the worst. You can find a Friendlies nearby, as well as the Olive Garden. And really, I've driven into FAR worse areas just for a good cup of Dunkin, so chill out.

There's no drive thru here, and the lot is small. In fact, the store itself is pretty small. That's compounded by the fact it's a joint DD-Baskin Robins location, albeit an older one. There are a few tables, but this isn't the place to bring your book club or church group. Your date, maybe. If the tables aren't taken up by the older folks already.

So, assuming you can get parking and make your way inside (not always the easiest during a rush period, but not impossible either) what will you find? Some friendly staff, for starters. I've yet to meet anyone here I didn't like.

And the coffee...always tastes like Dunkin's. You know what I mean, if you come from the Northeast of the country especially. Some franchises just don't get it right. For whatever reason, the coffee is off sometimes at some locations. I haven't had that experience here at the 161 store. It's ALWAYS been good.

The donuts as well! And the bagels. Their baked goods get an A+ rating from me. I've been in at 11pm on a weeknight, I've been in 430pm on a weekday afternoon, I've been in 9am on Sunday. Always fresh tasting, always a full selection. I'm in awe.

The only downside (aside from a lack of drive thru) I could see is if you're from another part of the country and like the flatbread sandwiches and personal pizzas. They haven't hit the Columbus market yet, and the 161 store is no exception. So get yourself a bagel or muffin and be content, for those things kick ass and will be here soon.

No comments: